OUR MISSION: Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd. provides fresh, locally grown, certified organic sprouts and greens year round in the Comox Valley and beyond for a happier healthier planet.
Company Overview: Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd. is a Certified Organic Farm producing a variety of sprouts, greens and vegetables on 3.75 acres near Courtenay, BC. Our sprouted products are sold through restaurants, grocery stores and wholesale distributors throughout Western Canada. Sprout products include: Alfalfa, Deli, Garlic, Clover, Broccoli, Sunflower Greens, Microgreens and Pea Shoots. Sprouts are produced in an indoor growing facility and greenhouse buildings.
We produce over 8000 pounds of sprouts and greens weekly, year round!
Eatmore Sprouts & Greens Ltd. was established in 1975. Carmen and Glenn Wakeling the current owners, have been involved in the company for over 25 years. Eatmore Sprouts employs 40 people who work hard every day to bring our products to you. Organic Certification is important to us as this gives you the assurance that the foods we produce are grown using the best practices to support a healthy planet. Food safety is a big part of what we do. We have a vigorous food safety system which includes a multifaceted testing, cleaning and training program. We are a HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) certified facility.
Eatmore Sprouts has many environmental initiatives under way:
• Organic Certification
• Powered by: Bullfrog power. (Wind power sold into the grid for all the electricity we use and renewable natural gas)
• We have 48 solar panels
• Our greenhouses are heated with Hot water heat that is created using a wood gasification boiler called a “Garn”
• All the heat from our processing waste water is harvested and by using a heat pump system we heat our buildings
• Rammed earth heat sink technology: The most recent greenhouse we built was designed based on mass heat storage. The beds store both heat from the boiler and from natural solar gain during the day and this heat radiates out during cold damp nights here in BC.
• Canadian Organic Seed supply: We buy all our seeds from a Canadian Organic supplier. The majority of the seeds are produced on Canadian soil!
Please enjoy our sprouts and greens, we sure do!